The final few days in Reception! It’s been quite a year! We are so proud of how well all the children have coped with the many changes and new routines that they have been faced with this year. They have settled into school life very happily and have achieved so much. Thank you all for your support throughout the year and especially for the amazing home learning and many observations, we couldn’t have done it without you! Look at these lovely class photos and see how much your children have grown up during their first year in school!
We had a great Sports Day on Wednesday. The children all enjoyed taking part in the different activities and races and had lots of fun. Thank you to FHIS for the celebratory ice lollies which were very needed after all that exertion! Mrs Fricker has shared some photographs of the different events and there may be more on class blogs.
The Bristol Standard
As an Early Years Team we are very proud to have recently achieved The Bristol Standard which is a nationally recognised standard of excellence for high quality reflective Early Years practice which puts the needs of children at the heart of decisions.
On a personal note, this is also my last few days at Henleaze Infant School after being a Reception Teacher here for the last 21 years and prior to that being both a parent and a supply teacher. It certainly feels very strange to be leaving but I am sure that I will be back for a visit soon. Thank you so much for all your good wishes.
- Please make sure all reading books have been returned to school.
- Tuesday evening is the FHIS Summer event and disco.
- Wednesday is a non-uniform day with a donation to FHIS.
- Please could all children bring a named carrier bag to school with them on Monday to transport home any paintings and models that they have made.
- Please continue reading with your child throughout the long holiday. The online Bug Club book allocations have been updated ready to use.
This week’s Learning
We will have Daily Wellbeing Activities and find ways to keep calm when we are tired and/or excited!
Communication and Language
We will be reflecting on our year in Reception and talking about our memories.
Gross motor skills: Following the success of sports day, children can choose their favourite races to repeat this week – they should be really good at it now!
This week we will be doing a final recap of all sounds and tricky words up to phase 4.
This week we will be using our phase 4 phonics skills to complete some literacy directed activities.
This week we will be recapping the key number facts that we have learnt this year.
- Recognising and writing the numerals
- Ordering numerals to 20
- Counting to 20 and back down from 20
- Knowing one more and one less to 20
- Counting objects to 20 in different ways.
- Calculating addition and take away number stories.
We will also be completing directed addition and subtraction activities to practise these skills. These are available in last weeks home learning folder.
Understanding the World
We will be talking about people we hope to see over the summer.
We will be talking about journeys and listening to children’s stories.
This week we will be continuing to make our hot air balloons, ready to make its journey to Year One.