- THIS WEEK – Wednesday 29th October, Individual Photographs will be taken by our usual company. We will not be offering siblings not in our Infant school to join but siblings within our school may also be photographed together.
- We have now confirmed our first school trip in nearly 2 years! We will be visiting Westonbirt Arboretum on Thursday, October 7th. We have sent out details, permission forms and payment details via our school COMMS. Please email class email if you have not received this email. We need some parent helpers. Details of showing your availability were also on that communication. Your class teacher will let you know if you are needed this time. Thank you for your swift replies and payments. We are sorry it was such a swift turn around but availability of both the Arboretum and coaches has been tricky to coordinate during these times.
- We will also be walking down to St Peters’ church for a visit as part of our R+WV curriculum on Wednesday, 13th October This is a local visit so permission is already covered but again, we will ask for parent volunteers to help us walk in our class groups to the church. Class teachers will email you to let you know the time of their class and the times you would need to commit to if you can help later this week.
- Children will change for their PE sessions so please continue to ensure that children’s PE kits are in school on their pegs.
- We have had some questions about potential Christmas activity dates that parents be able to attend. We have not set any dates yet as we will need to consider the guidance nearer the time. Year 1 do not do a Nativity Play. We will aim to deliver a performance at the end of Term 4. We are looking at various options at the moment and will let you know dates and times as soon as they are set. These may then still be subject to change if guidelines change. Thank you for your patience.
- You will find below a grid showing the sessions aiming to be taught this week. They do not exactly follow days as each class has different sessions due to support and PE times being different but it allows you to see the week as a snapshot of sessions..
- We will always aim to get outside, whatever the weather, as much as possible so children will really need a waterproof coat each day.
Daily Well Being Activities
Monday – Connect –Read a story and stop to ask how the characters are feeling
Tuesday – Take Notice-Close your eyes and imagine you’re in your favourite special place. What can you hear/ see/ feel/ smell?
Wednesday – Be Active – Hip hop dance
Thursday – Keep Learning – Find out as much information as you can about worlds beyond our own!
Friday – Give – Watch Mrs Fricker read the storybook called “Kind”
Revision on Phase 3 and 4 Phonics (Taught in Reception):
Blending words containing 2 adjacent consonants: E.g. brisk blink blend
Teach adding the suffix -est to adjectives: highest strongest
Teach adding the suffix -er to adjectives: higher quicker
Blending for reading: E.g. fresher tighter strongest
Segmenting for spelling: E.g shorter sweeter brighter
Revise CEW: were there
Vocabulary: adjective, phoneme, sounds, blend, letter name, word, sentence, full stop
Writing: Follow on from Last week’s work:
- Recap what an ADJECTIVE is and list them to describe Beegu and her planet..
- Writing sentences about Beegu using adjectives and full stops.
Handwriting: Correct formation of the CEW for spelling listed above through the use of our 4 formation families, concentrating on the ‘robot arm’ family. Complete a dictated sentence. Handwriting and Spellings of the phonics and keywords listed above through formation and joining practice of digraphs and dictated sentences.
- Read as part of a group. Look at front cover details and explore making predictions, using phonetic knowledge to decode unknown words and to extend vocabulary. Read aloud and look at increasing fluency and use discussion as a group to discuss comprehension.
In reading groups, start by concentrating on phonic recognition gaps identified in assessments.
Whole Class. Share stories each day. This promotes their listening skills and extends their vocabulary and understanding of language. Time also to discuss characters and adjectives to help stimulate their learning.
Recall of addition facts within 7 (every day)
Counting forwards and backwards from any number within 20.
Match numbers to ordinal numbers
1 x Recall of 1 more/less
Learning Objectives: -To solve subtraction problems within 10, (including 0) by ‘taking away’.
-To use the language first, then and now to tell subtraction number stories.~
-To use the symbols – and = to record subtraction number sentences.
-To use ordinal numbers (1 off session)
We will be learning about subtraction and will be solving subtraction problems using a range of methods. We will subtract by practically removing objects, and pictorially, by drawing circles and crossing them out and by using a number line.
We will also spend a session looking at ordinal numbers (first, second, third etc).
PE- SHINE Outside Session – Team Games
Jasmine PE – Coordination and Footwork Skills
Draw a map of the classroom/patio area using labels. Ext. Use a key.
R+WV (Formally known as RE) –
Who and what supports and guides us? (People, experiences, feelings, beliefs, values, ideas) How might stories, prayers, songs, etc help us understand more about ourselves and ideas of a God?
Computing – e-Safety – Develop understanding of rules for safe use of computers (Hectors World, Class posters) Talk about competition which will be released soon!
Science-Ourselves – To know that we have 5 senses which allow us to find out about the world. Use these around the classroom and patio during a scavenger hunt.
Art- To know names of colours and to use adjectives to describe colour.
Start to understand that some colours are known as Primary colours. Look at the colours in the rainbow. How many can you name? With talk partners, think of good adjectives to describe colours. E.g Fiery Red
PSHE I can understand some ways to solve a problem. I know if people feel sad/ scared, I can make them feel better.
I can find some ways to calm myself/ others down when sad/ upset. Introduce ‘Mood Monsters’ and how to use them in class.
Class 4- Lucas
Class 5- Roman
Class 6- Rishi