Monday 26th September is an INSET DAY. There will be no children in school.
- Thank you for sending in the photos of your families. The children have loved looking at them and talking to their friends about who is in them and where they were taken!
- We would like you to support your child to hold their pencil correctly when they are using them at home. Children should be using a tripod grip. Click here to see a BBC Bitesize video about how to hold a pencil.
- 27th September 22 – Reception Parents’ Reading Meeting at 3:10pm in the school hall (change of location!)
- 5th October 22 – Reception Curriculum meeting at 6:00pm in the school hall.
- The children will be doing their first PE lesson this week! Please make sure they have their PE Kit in school (no trainers needed until the summer term).
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
- Please remember to send your child to school everyday with a coat. We like to go outside in all weathers.
- Children are only to bring water to school, not squash.
- Please allow your child to be as independent as possible when they get dressed or changed for bed.
The children have finished learning about the ELLI owl. They have been making plans before going to play and have been following through with them. We have also completed our second week of learning phonics and children have now been taught s, a, t, p, i, n, m and d. We are looking forward to seeing lots of you at the Early Reading and Phonics meeting on Tuesday at 3:10pm in the school hall where we will tell you about how phonics is learnt and how you can support at home when your child starts to bring a reading book home with them.
This week’s learning:
This week, we will learn about the Chameleon. The ELLI Chameleon changes his plans if they aren’t going the right way. We will be using the story ‘The Mixed Up Chamelion’ as our key text.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will be thinking about other people’s feelings and talking about working together to look after our classroom.
Communication and Language
The children will listen to our new key text and retell the story, recalling the main events.
We will be doing our first PE lesson. Children will be changing for PE independently, following instructions and learning about how to jump safely in different ways. We will be starting Write Dance, co-ordinating both sides of our bodies and brains as we listen to music.
This week we continue with Phase 2 phonics and we will be teaching the children the phonemes g, o, c and k. The children will learn these phonemes (sounds) and practise writing them in isolation and in words. For this week’s task, we will be asking each child to draw a picture of their family, encouraging them to add any labels or writing that they are able to.
This week, the children will be comparing numbers up to 3, focusing on ‘one more’.
Understanding the World
We will be sharing news from home, making plans like the ELLI Owl and learning about real life chameleons.
Religion and Worldviews
We will be talking about places which are special for us, including places of worship, introducing the vocabulary:’church’, ‘mosque’ and ‘synagogue’.
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will be designing a pattern for a chameleon, using brusho paint to enhance the colour and design.