Models of Beegu
We will post photos of other models next week once the eyes have been added! They look fabulous so far!
Remember: School closed to Pupils Monday 26th September 2022 – INSET day
- We have now confirmed our first school trip for Year 1! We will be visiting Westonbirt Arboretum on Tuesday, October 11th. Sorry that it is fairly short notice. We were waiting for confirmation from coach companies. We have sent out details, permission forms and payment details via our school COMMS. There may have been a problem with this role out and so we will chase up on Monday. We will need some parent helpers. Details of showing your availability were also on that communication. Your class teacher will let you know if you are needed this time, nearer the time.
- We will also be walking down to St Peters’ church for a visit as part of our R+WV curriculum on Wednesday, 20th October This is a local visit so permission is already covered but again, we will ask for parent volunteers to help us walk in our class groups to the church. Class teachers will email you to let you know the time of their class and the times you would need to commit to if you can help.
- You will find below a grid showing the sessions to be taught each week. They do not exactly follow days as each class has different sessions due to support and PE times being different but it allows you to see the week as a snapshot of sessions..
We will always aim to get outside, whatever the weather, as much as possible so children will really need a waterproof coat each day.
Daily Well Being
Tuesday – Take Notice-Close your eyes and imagine you’re in your favourite special place. What can you hear/ see/ feel/ smell?
Wednesday – Be Active – Hip hop dance
Thursday – Keep Learning – Find out as much information as you can about worlds beyond our own!
Friday – Give – Watch Mrs Fricker read the storybook called “Kind”
We will be looking at our pencil grip closely over the next few weeks. Here is a link to some short videos we will be using for you to also look over.
Tripod Pencil Grip
Revision of Phase 3 and 4 Phonics (Taught in Reception)
Blending words: E.g shampoo sandpit crunching
Teach adding the suffixes: -ed and -er to verbs E.g helped helper
Blending for reading: E.g. looked twisted sheltered
Segmenting for spelling: E.g cooker painter shorter
Revise CEW: were there
Vocabulary: adjective, phoneme, sounds, blend, letter name, word, sentence, full stop
Writing: Follow on from Last week’s work:
- Recap what an ADJECTIVE is and list them to describe Beegu in groups and then formulate as a whole class.
- Writing sentences about Beegu using adjectives and full stops.
Handwriting: Using effective and tripod pencil grip use Correct formation of the CEW for spelling listed above through the use of our 4 formation families, concentrating on the ‘robot arm’ family. Complete a dictated sentence.
- Handwriting and Spellings of the phonics and keywords listed above through formation and joining practice of digraphs and dictated sentences.
- Read as part of a group. Look at front cover details and explore making predictions, using phonetic knowledge to decode unknown words and to extend vocabulary. Read aloud and look at increasing fluency and use discussion as a group to discuss comprehension.
In reading groups, start by concentrating on phonic recognition gaps identified in assessments.
Whole Class. Share stories each day. This promotes their listening skills and extends their vocabulary and understanding of language. Time also to discuss characters and adjectives to help stimulate their learning.
Recall of addition facts within 7 (every day)
Counting forwards and backwards from any number within 20.
1 x Recall of 1 more/less
- To solve subtraction problems within 10, (including 0) by ‘taking away’.
- To use the language first, then and now to tell subtraction number stories.
- To use the symbols – and = to record subtraction number sentences.
We will be learning about subtraction and will be solving subtraction problems using a range of methods. We will subtract by practically removing objects, and pictorially, by drawing circles and crossing them out and by using a number line.
PE- SHINE Outside Session – Team Games
Geography- I can describe the features and colours in my local environment. (Classroom and around school)
Draw a map of the classroom/patio area using labels. Ext. Use a key.
Computing – e-Safety – Develop understanding of rules for safe use of computers (Hectors World, Class posters)
Science-Ourselves – To know that we have 5 senses which allow us to find out about the world. Use these around the classroom and patio during a scavenger hunt.
Art- Discussion using visuals to aid – To know names of colours To use adjectives to describe colour.
Start to understand that some colours are known as Primary colours. Look at the colours in the rainbow. How many can you name. With talk partners, think of good adjectives to describe colours. E.g Fiery Red
PSHE I can understand some ways to solve a problem. I know if people feel sad/ scared, I can make them feel better.
I can find some ways to calm myself/ others down when sad/ upset. Introduce ‘Mood Monsters’ and how to use them in class.
Bluebell Class – Joseph A
Cherry Class – Joey and Cherry Class was ‘Class of the Week’!