- This week, we are asking parents to contribute to their child’s learning diary for the first time. Please read the information below under the ‘Tapestry – observation request’ title.
- We are also introducing the ‘word of the week’ for the first time. The word of the week is ‘Diwali’. We will be learning about the meaning in school and please try to use this word at home too.
- Forest School – Every child will get to take part in a 6 week block of Forest School during the school day. You will be contacted by the school office when it is your child’s turn.
- We look forward to welcoming your children back to school on 31st October 2022.
- Our Reception performance will be on Wednesday 7th December at 9:30am. Parents/carers will be invited. Wwe wanted to give you as much notice as possible so that you can make arrangements to allow you to come and watch the performance of the year!
During the last week of Term 1, the children have continued to learn about the ELLI Unicorn and have finished learning all of the phonemes in Phase 2 of our systematic synthetic phonics scheme.
We went on our Welly Walk to look for signs of Autumn.
Tapestry – Observation request
We are asking parents to contribute to their child’s learning diary for the first time! The focus this week is PSED.
Please create an observation and send us a photo or video of something your child is good at. You can also write about it in the comments section. We will celebrate these observations and achievements on our interactive whiteboards during our PSED lesson.
You can also send us any moments that you feel are significant in your child’s learning or want to share with your child’s class teachers.
Click the links below to find out how to add observations from different devices.
This week’s learning:
This week, we will be learning about the ELLI Tortoise. The ELLI Tortoise doesn’t give up and keeps going when he finds things tricky. We talk to the children about ‘perseverance’, so please use this term with your child at home. Our key text to support learning is The Hare and the Tortoise.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
This week, the children will be talking about what they are good at and celebrating this with their peers.
Communication and Language
We will be listening to our key text, The Hare and the Tortoise, and talk about it, building familiarity.
Word of the week: Diwali
We will exploring and perfecting jumping and landing in PE. We will be continuing with Write Dance whole body movements making circles and eights.
This week we will be starting our Phase 3 phonics and will be teaching the phonemes j, v, w and x. The children will learn these phonemes (sounds) and practise writing them in isolation and in words. We will also be learning the common exception word: me.
Writing: This week we will be practicing writing CVC (Consonant, vowel, consonant) words. For example dog, cat, tap, pen.
This week we will be learning about the composition of 1, 2 and 3. The children will be introduced to addition for the first time.
Understanding the World
The first group of children start Forest School this week, on our school field. We will be talking about bonfire night safety. We will be making drawings of tortoises and continuing the All About Me box.
Religion and Worldviews
This week, the children will be learning about Diwali and discussing their families celebrations. We will support the children to recognise that people have different beliefs and celebrate times in different ways.
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will be making a clay Diva lamp in celebration of Diwali.