- Our Reception performance will be on Wednesday 7th December at 9:30am. Parents/carers will be invited. We wanted to give you as much notice as possible so that you can make arrangements to allow you to come and watch the performance of the year!
- Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school.
- Children need to bring their book bag into school everyday. If they do not have it on a Monday, they will not be able to have a new reading book.
- We would like you to support your child to hold their pencil correctly when they are using them at home. Children should be using a tripod grip. Click here to see a BBC Bitesize video about how to hold a pencil.
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
This week, the children have enjoyed learning about and learning like the stickability tortoise. They have been learning to persevere through activities that they find challenging. Thank you for sending in photographs on Tapestry of things that your child is good at. The children loved standing in front of all of their friends to celebrate their achievements. Please see below to find out how you can contribute to your child’s learning diary this week.
The children have enjoyed learning about the composition of 1, 2 and 3. You can see the part-part whole models below showing different ways to make 3.
Star of the Week
On Friday, we went to our first Celebration Assembly to find out what a star of the week is. From Week 2, Reception classes will have stars of the week. Every child will have a chance to be a star at some point in the year.
Tapestry – Observation request
The focus this week is Communication and Language.
Please create an observation and send us a video of your child retelling their favourite story. We will show these at fruit times in the classroom.
You can also send us any moments that you feel are significant in your child’s learning or want to share with your child’s class teachers.
Click the links below to find out how to add observations from different devices.
This week’s learning:
We are continuing to learn about the ELLI Tortoise this week using ‘The Hare and the Tortoise’ book as our key text.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Continuing our theme of Celebrating Difference, we will work on understanding that being different makes us all special, and making a giant paper chain of different things we enjoy.
Communication and Language
This week, the children will be acting out ‘The Hare and the Tortoise’.
Word of the week: Perseverance
We will be working on jumping and landing skills. We will challenge ourselves to have a go at jumping quarter turns and also tuck jumps.
This week we will continue our phase 3 phonics and we will be teaching the children the phonemes y, z, zz, qu. The children will learn these phonemes (sounds) and practice writing them in isolation and in words. We will also be learning the common exception words: we, be
This week we will be practicing writing CVC (Consonant, vowel, consonant) words from our story ‘The Hare and the Tortoise’ e.g. duck, rat etc.
This week, we will be learning about shapes, focusing on circles and triangles. The children will be working together to make a collaborative bonfire artwork.
Understanding the World
We will be listening to each other and asking questions as children share their All About Me box items. We will be carrying out some research into Tortoises and building on what children already know.
Religion and Worldviews
We will be exploring feelings of joy, peace and wonder this week, as well as continuing to share the All About Me Box.
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will be making an ELLI tortoise, using collage materials to create its shell.