- As it shows above, Monday this week kicks off our Friendship Week with an odd socks day. More information has already been sent out.
- Curriculum Showcase Evening this Thursday 4pm-5:15pm. A chance to see how all the areas of the curriculum are valued and taught and for ideas for you to support and enhance at home.
- On Friday of this week it is Children in Need Day. You can dress up with stripes and/or spots or just wear some of your favourite clothes. We ask that you bring in at least £1 as a donation for this very important cause.
- Check the school bulletin to enter the Purple Mash Christmas Card competition. Your child will have been given their log in details on a little paper card.
- We would really appreciate donations of boxes of tissues. If you have a spare box, please give it to your child’s class teacher.
We have been learning about the ELLI Tortoise who perseveres when he finds things difficult. The Reception Team have commented on the perseverance of the children this week, especially as they have been doing writing tasks. The children have also been saying “I’m working like the tortoise” which is showing that they have an awareness of their learning behaviours.
This week, the children have loved making firework art using printing. They have then used 2D shapes to create rockets to stick on top.
Star of the Week
Daffodil Class – Zoe
Buttercup Class – Ava
Daisy Class – Emily
Tapestry – Observation request
The focus this week is Physical Development.
Please take a picture of your child demonstrating safe, controlled jumping and landing. We have been working on this in our PE lessons.
You can also send us any moments that you feel are significant in your child’s learning or want to share with your child’s class teachers.
Click the links below to find out how to add observations from different devices.
This week’s learning:
We are going to be learning about the ELLI Cat this week. The cat is curious and asks lots of questions to find out more. Please encourage your child to work like the cat and ask lots of questions. Our key text will be ‘Nothing’ by Mick Inkpen.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
This week is friendship week, and we will be doing friendship- building activities. Don’t forget to wear odd socks on Monday for Odd Socks day too!
Communication and Language
This week, the children will be listening to and talking about our new story, Nothing, to build familiarity. They will also listen carefully to songs and pay attention to how they sounds as we start to learn the songs for our Reception performance.
Word of the week: digraph (ask your child what this means – they will have been taught it during phonics)
We will be perfecting our agility as we jump and landing off of low apparatus, using control and an athletic stance.
This week we will continue our phase 3 phonics and we will be teaching the children the digraphs ch, sh, th, ng. The children will learn these digraphs and practice writing them in isolation and in words. We will also be learning the common exception words: he, shes
This week we will be writing a short dictated sentence.
This week, we will be learning about spatial awareness and learning positional language. When you are at home, give your child instructions using positional language (such as inside, on top of, next to, to the right of) to support this learning.
Understanding the World
We will be sharing what we know about Cats as we learn about the ELLI Cat.
Religion and Worldviews
This week, we will be learning about the Jewish festival of Hanukkah.
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will be using paint to create an ELLI cat.