Follow the link to see the highlights from our Curriculum Showcase Evening
- Our Reception performance will be on Wednesday 7th December at 9:30am. Parents/carers will be invited. We wanted to give you as much notice as possible so that you can make arrangements to allow you to come and watch the performance of the year!
- Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school.
- Children need to bring their book bag into school everyday. If they do not have it on a Monday, they will not be able to have a new reading book.
- We would like you to support your child to hold their pencil correctly when they are using them at home. Children should be using a tripod grip. Click here to see a BBC Bitesize video about how to hold a pencil.
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
This week, the children have been learning about the ELLI Cat who asks lots of questions and is very curious. The children have been working like the cat to ask questions using different question words e.g. Who….? What…? Where…? When…? Why…? How…? Which…?
On Tuesday, we took part in an ‘Interfaith Day’. The children listened to Jewish story on Zoom called Hone the Circle Maker read by Iris from Israel. Then the children made story cubes in pairs to retell the story.
Star of the Week
Daffodil Class – William
Buttercup Class – Reggie
Daisy Class – Patrick
Daisy class also won the Class Cup this week for showing Teamwork Bee skills in their play and in working together to keep the school rules (and for often being first to assembly!)
Tapestry – Observation request
The focus this week is Literacy.
Please take a picture of your child practicing writing their name, using only one capital letter at the beginning. It is important that children form the letters correctly and hold their pencil using a tripod grip (refer to video in ‘Noticeboard’ section). Please support them to do this.
You can also send us any moments that you feel are significant in your child’s learning or want to share with your child’s class teachers.
Click the links below to find out how to add observations from different devices.
This week’s learning:
For the next two weeks, we will be learning about the ELLI Bee. Busy Bees work together to reach a goal. They have all the skills they need to work as part of a team. We will be using ‘Bee and Me’ as our key text.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will continue our theme of Celebrating Difference and thinking about how we are all different but the same in some ways. We will read the story “The Hueys in the New Jumper.”
Communication and Language
This week, we will be learning the songs for our winter performance. The children will also be listening to the adults telling the ‘Bee and Me’ story in their own words as the story has no written words. Next week, the children will be using the pictures and their own words to retell the story.
Word of the week: collaborate
The children will be learning actions for the Reception Performance and taking part in physical games.
This week we will continue our phase 3 phonics and we will be teaching the children the following digraphs and trigraphs: ai, ee, igh, oa. The children will learn these digraphs and trigraphs and practice writing them in isolation and in words. We will also be learning the common exception words: was, you
Writing: This week we will be writing CVC/CVCC words, for example: swim, frog, hat
This week, we will be learning about one more and one less. Alongside this, the children will be learning about time by thinking about the difference between daytime and night time.
Understanding the World
This week, we will be learning facts about bees and looking closely at them as we do observational drawings.
Religion and Worldviews
This week, we will introduce the Christian Nativity story, and explain that it is a very special and important story for Christians from the Bible.
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will create a swarm of bees using their fingerprints.