- Thank you to all of those who have already paid and consented to our school trip to…
The SS Great Britain – Friday, 20th May. If you have offered to help out on the trip your class teacher should have notified you about whether you are needed this time. Thank you
- You will find below a grid showing the sessions to be taught each week. They do not exactly follow days as each class has different sessions due to support and PE times being different but it allows you to see the week as a snapshot of sessions.
- Could you please make sure children have a change of shoes suitable for PE in their PE kits as most of our PE will be outside this term. Thank you.
We will always aim to get outside, whatever the weather, as much as possible so children will really need a waterproof coat each day.
Invitation to enter an Art Competition
Get out your art materials to celebrate Queen Elizabeth‘s 70th year reign in a Platinum Jubilee competition for primary school children. We are looking for children to draw, paint or collage bold, bright and colourful pictures of Queen Elizabeth II to decorate our restaurant at John Lewis at Cribbs Causeway. There are prizes for individuals and for school.
The School May Fair is on Saturday 21st May
We are trying to collect jars for our ‘Jar Bazaar’ and full bottles for the ‘Bottle Stall’.
The jars need to contain small toys, crayons, sweets, etc. and be decorated.
Bottles need to be full, unopened and in date. They can contain anything from alcohol to soft drinks or bubble bath etc.
We will be keeping a tally chart of how many we collect as a class for which the class with the most will win a prize! Please bring both jars and bottles to the classroom.
Please help if you can, we really appreciate your support!
Well Being Activities
Monday – Connect – Ask your partner 3 questions. (Ideas here.) They have to answer ‘sausages’ without laughing.
Tuesday – Take Notice- Try this Relaxation activity
Wednesday – Be Active – Lion on the loose exercise
Thursday – Keep Learning – Challenge: in a team, try to pass a small ball from one to another using a plastic spoon.
Friday – Give – Teach your partner how to do something … do up a zip, tie a bow, draw a dragon, build a spaceship
Phonics: Phase 5c
Information for Sounds and Words Books:
Children will write in these sounds and keywords – Differentiated where necessary. Please use the books for the children to practice in. Guidance is in the front of your child’s book.
Teach alternative spellings of phonemes:/s/ (as in house), /z/ (as in please), /u/ (as in some), /i/ (as in happy)
Grammar: Suffix: er (verbs without changing root)
Keywords for Reading: cold, told, baby, river, thing/s, think
Keywords for Spelling: better, number, Monday Tuesday Wednesday happy some house please
Writing: Vocabulary: letter, word, finger space, sentence, punctuation, lower case, capital, full stop, adjective, noun
Session 1: Research – Create a List and Create Poster to advertise Bristol.
Session 2: Write sentences about Bristol using their posters and lists.
Session 3: Factual Sentences about Bristol. (Guided write with an adult).
Session 4: Dictated sentences using keywords and suffixes.
Session 5- Spelling/Handwriting – CEW
Reading: Focus: Comprehension Tasks – Focus on Famous Inventors, including Brunel
- Read as part of a group. Look at front cover details and explore making predictions, using phonetic knowledge to decode unknown words and to extend vocabulary. Read aloud and look at increasing fluency and use discussion as a group to discuss comprehension and start to answer written questions.
- In reading groups, continue to continue on phonic and CEW recognition gaps identified.
Whole Class – Planned story sessions each day.
Division and Sharing
Mental Oral/Warm Up
Count forwards and backwards from any number within 100
Counting in 2s 5s and 10s
Number formation within 50
1 more/less within 50
Snappy maths – 1 more/1 less
To share objects equally between a number of groups.
To understand that it is not always possible to share equally and that all groups must have the same amount to be fair.
PE- Athletics – Preparation for Sports Day!
Jasmine – PE
R+WV Look at the Christian Creation Story. We will be looking at lots of stories of Creation from different religions and scientists to compare and contrast.
DT – Cogs, levers and sliders. Using sliders to make a moving image.
Music To understand the difference between pulse and rhythm and to compose a song to a given rhythm.
PSHE Relationships: Greeting
Science Plant seeds, as a class for a scientific enquiry in different conditions. Class to choose the different conditions to test out using ideas discussed last week about what plants need to be healthy.
- asking simple questions and recognising that they can be answered in different ways
- observing closely, using simple equipment
- performing simple tests
- identifying and classifying
- using their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- gathering and recording data to help in answering questions.
Reading for the Stars
Class 6 – Matthew, Emmie, Aidan, Dolly
Class 5 – Billy, Tom, Rhiannon, Phoebe M
Class 6 – Teddy
Class 5 – Reuben
Class 4 – Ola, Charlie