Term 6 Starts: Monday 5th June 2023
Our new Learning Theme for Term 6 : Animalia!
- Next week we will be carrying out our Phonics Screening in Year 1. (See further information below)
Here are some more dates for your diary:
Class Photos – Tuesday 6th June
Sports Day -Thursday 22nd June, 1:30pm
Learning Shares in classes – Friday, 30th June, 9:10-9:45am
- You will find below a grid showing the sessions to be taught each week. They do not exactly follow days as each class has different sessions due to support and PE times being different but it allows you to see the week as a snapshot of sessions.
- Could you please make sure children have a change of shoes suitable for PE in their PE kits as most of our PE will be outside this term. Thank you.
We will always aim to get outside, whatever the weather, as much as possible so children will really need a waterproof coat each day.
Well Being Activities
Monday – Connect – Whisper a message and pass it round the circle
Tuesday – Take Notice- Calm down – Bring it down
Wednesday – Be Active – Cha Cha slide dance
Thursday – Keep Learning – Read through the Brave poem poster
Friday – Give – Read the Starfish story.
Phonics: Phase 5c and Phonics Screening Assessments
Information for Sounds and Words Books:Children will write in these sounds and keywords – Differentiated where necessary. Please use the books for the children to practice in.
Phase 5 and Pseudo words
Revision of 5a Mastery – ea treat aw paw a_e came o_e Rome u_e tube
Keywords for Reading: rain, circus, sleep, children, night
Keywords for Spelling: one, two, three, four, children, could, called, should,there, their
Writing: Vocabulary: letter, word, finger space, sentence, punctuation, lower case, capital, full stop, adjective, noun
Writing – Composition
Session 1 Father’s Day- Writing
Session 2 Father’s Day- Writing
Session 3 Write Child’s view for annual report
Session 4 – Handwriting
Reading: Focus: NONFICTION- Fact Sheets about Life Cycles
- Read as part of a group. Look at front cover details and explore making predictions, using phonetic knowledge to decode unknown words and to extend vocabulary. Read aloud and look at increasing fluency and use discussion as a group to discuss comprehension and start to answer written questions.
- In reading groups, continue to continue on phonic and CEW recognition gaps identified.
Whole Class – Planned story sessions each day.
‘Animals All Around’ – Whole Class Reading Text
Place Value within 100
PE- Outdoor Athletic Skills
Jasmine – PE Ball Skills
Science/DT/Art – Make a class model using/collage of the 4 main parts of the life cycle of a Butterfly. Use materials of various textures to represent all the different stages.(Linked to science session)
R+WV Why do we care for our world?
PSHE- Changing Me! – Life cycles
Science Life Cycle of a Butterfly. Introduce caterpillars and recall what they need to grow healthily and how we need to look after them.Discuss what they think is going to happen and the time scale for this.change. Make predictions. Make similarities to what we found out about what plants need to grow healthily. (Following session linked to Art/DT lesson)
Music – Animal Rhythms Key Learning Objectives:
- To feel and internalise the pulse/beat
- To identify the strong beat and demonstrate with an action/clapping.
Year 1 Learning Stars
Bluebell Class – Hudda
Cherry Class – Amber Anna
Bluebell Class – Albie
Cherry Class – Edith Aara Tom Sienna
Bluebell Class – Abigail Joe W
Cherry Class – Emily Riya Sophie Alfie
Bluebell Class – Sienna Sofie Cliona Joseph Joe Ivy
Cherry Class – Ofri and Alfie
Bluebell Class – Heerad and Josh