- If you are helping us walk down to the church on Thursday (arranged via class emails), please meet outside main school entrance at 1:45pm.
- If your child brought home a costume to be washed, please return them by Monday 4th December in a named bag.
- Please make sure your child has a coat in school every day. We will go outside even when it is cold and raining.
- Children need to bring their book bag into school every day. If they do not have it on a Monday, they will not be able to have a new reading book. Please make sure the reading books come into school each day with your child.
- Your child will have come home with a Read for the Stars bookmark. You can find information on our reading incentive by clicking here.
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
Wednesday 6th December 9:30am – Reception Nativity performance – We ask that only two adults per child attend to ensure there is enough space for everybody. The Reception children have worked really hard to learn the songs and their lines, so to reduce distractions, we ask that you find alternative child care for younger siblings. However, if you are unable to do this, please sit near the door so that you can take them out easily if needed.
Wednesday 6th December – Henleaze Christmas Fayre. This will be after school where members of the school Choir (Year 1 and 2 only) will perform to open the event.
Thursday 7th December 2pm – Henleaze Infants Christmas Carol Service – St Peter’s Church – All Welcome. Please email class emails if you are able to help walk us to the church and back. Parents who have offered (via email) to help walk us to the church need to meet outside main school entrance at 1:45pm.
Wednesday 13th December – Christmas Dinner
Friday 15th December – Christmas Parties and Last Day of Term – Wear your party clothes and/or a Christmas Jumper. Bring in a donation to FHIS. Next week we will put sign up sheets for donations of food to bring in for the parties.
The children have enjoyed retelling the story Bee and Me in class this week, using our puppet theatre and finger puppets to act out their version of the story. They also used construction to recreate the busy city from the story.
Star of the Week
Daisy – Harley
Buttercup – Rowan
Tapestry – Observation request
The focus this week is Expressive Arts and Design.
If you are doing any Christmas craft at home, please send us a picture so we can celebrate it in school.
You can also send us any moments that you feel are significant in your child’s learning or want to share with your child’s class teachers.
Click the links below to find out how to add observations from different devices.
This week’s learning
We will learn about the ELLI Spider. The web-weaving spider makes connections between different things they have been learning. We will be using ‘Spinderella’ as our key text.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will be focusing on making friends this week, asking the questions; How do you make friends? How can we be kind friends? What can we do if we see someone by themselves? How can we be kind friends? What can we say that would make us a kind friend?
Communication and Language
We will be listening to our key text: Spinderella by Julia Donaldson. We will continue to share the All About Me Box. We will be listening carefully and learning the words to the songs for our Nativity play.
Word of the Week: connection
This week in Phonics, we will be learning to read words which end in – ing (with no change to the root word), as well as the digraphs/trigraphs ow, oi and ear.
For our writing, we will be writing the inside of Christmas cards.
This week, we will continue to learn about numbers 0-5. The children will be learning about 1 more and 1 less than a given number, as well as the composition of each number.
Understanding the World
This week we will be learning all about amazing spiders! Asking questions like; What do they eat? Where do they live? What do they look like?
Religion and Worldviews
This week, as well as performing our nativity Play on Wednesday, and visiting St Peter’s Church for our Carol Service on Thursday afternoon, we will learn about the Jewish festival of Hanukkah, and we have a family coming in on Friday to tell us about how they celebrate this.
Expressive Arts and Design
We will be designing a border for our seasons poems calendars.