- Friday 24th March – Bring a donation of £2 and a toy on Friday to join our toy swap for the Red Cross Turkey and Syria Earthquake appeal.
- If your child completes one of the sides of their bookmark, please alert your child’s class teacher.
- Children need to bring their book bag into school every day. If they do not have it on a Monday, they will not be able to have a new reading book.
- We would like you to support your child to hold their pencil correctly when they are using them at home. Children should be using a tripod grip. Click here to see a BBC Bitesize video about how to hold a pencil.
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
- Big Walk and Wheel 2023 information below.
We are taking part in Sustrans Big Walk and Wheel 2023 the UK’s largest inter-school cycling, walking, wheeling and scooting challenge. The challenge runs from 20-31 March.
Please try to travel in an active way to school each day. There is a chance to win some great prizes for our school as part of this too! Thank you so much for your support with this.
It has been a short week but the children loved starting to learn about hot places using the key text ‘Handa’s Surprise’. They loved drawing the fruits in the basket and then cutting them to make a fruit salad. The children used the fruit cards to make patterns too.
Star of the Week
Daisy – Ahmad
Buttercup – Rory
Daffodil – Aviya
Tapestry – Observation request
The focus this week is History.
Please send in a photograph on Tapestry of your child when they were three. We will use these photos to spark a discussion about what children could do then and what they have learnt to do and can do now. This will help children to understand growth in relation to the passing of time.
You can also send us any moments that you feel are significant in your child’s learning or want to share with your child’s class teachers.
Click the links below to find out how to add observations from different devices.
This week’s learning
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Continuing to think about being healthy, we will be talking about the importance of washing our hands, especially after going to the toilet, and before eating.
Communication and Language
We will continue to use Handa’s Surprise as our key text this week and thechildren will act out the story.
Word of the week: Ramadan
This week, we will be exploring different types of rolling as we pretend to be toys in the toybox. We will be applying this, and linking with our controlled jumping, as we move around equipment
This week we will be revisiting our phase 3 phonics and becoming masters of previously learnt digraphs and trigraphs. We will be practising writing these digraphs and trigraphs in words and short captions.
Writing: This week we will be re-writing the story of Handa’s Surprise e.g. the monkey took the banana.
This week we will be building numbers beyond 10.
Understanding the World
We will be learning about animals in hot countries as well as looking for signs of spring.
Religion and Worldviews
This week, we will be learning about a special time for Muslims: Ramadan (March 22nd – April 21st 2023)
Expressive Arts and Design
This week we will continue our Music lessons based on Handa’s surprise, learning how to maintain a pulse within a group performance.