- We have really loved hearing about the children making their Easter bonnets at home. We would like the children to bring them into school on Monday 29th March and we will be doing an Easter bonnet parade on Tuesday 30th March in the playground.
- Thank you for all of your continued support this term. We hope you all have a wonderful Easter holiday and can’t wait to see the children again on Monday 19th April 2021.
- Please remember that Thursday 1st April is an INSET day. Wednesday is the last day of term for children. It will be a non-uniform day with a donation for FHIS. Children in Classes 7, 8 and 9 have the option to wear their pyjamas or non-uniform as their treat for earning all the marbles in the jar.
- Our topic for Term 5 is ‘Into the Wild’. Our WOW day will be on 4th May and children will be invited to dress up as an animal or an explorer.
- Please continue to use the websites that we have recommended to you (NumberGym, Bug Club for reading, Purple Mash). Please contact your child’s class teacher if you need us to resend the login details.
Click here for the Week 6 Whole School Assembly
Celebrations from Week 5
The children have really enjoyed learning about space over Terms 3 and 4, both in school and remotely. The children have loved using rulers, meter sticks and trundle wheels to measure this week.
They have really enjoyed our continued focus on wellbeing and supporting children to rebuild relationships. In pairs the children created some beautiful food chains with a hedgehog in.
During week 6, we are focusing on a whole school topic this week on chocolate.
Remember: Tuesday – Easter Bonnet Parade, Wednesday – Non-School Uniform with donations to FHIS, Thursday – INSET.
We are using the story ‘Chocolate cake’ by Michael Rosen as a hook for our English sessions this week.
We will use this story, and the poem ‘The Magic Box’ by Kit Wright, to write poems. Alongside this, children will be continuing to focus on joining their handwriting and spelling common exception words during a session where they will write dictated sentences.
This week in maths we are continuing and finishing our block of learning about measure. The children will be using rulers to measure chocolate bars, as well as adding and subtracting length and height (e.g. 1m – 7cm = 93cm). Alongside this, the children will be using nets to make cube-shaped Easter baskets.
We are going to be learning about the history of the Easter egg.
The children will be using the facts they have learnt to write a quiz for their friends. The children will focus on capital letters and question marks when writing their quiz.
PE days will stay the same this week.
Please click here to see the planning if you are self isolating.
Stars of the Week
Class 7 – Adi
Class 8 – Isabelle
Class 9 – Spencer