- We would like you to support your child to hold their pencil correctly when they are using them at home. Children should be using a tripod grip. Click here to see a BBC Bitesize video about how to hold a pencil.
- 5th October 22 – Reception Curriculum meeting at 6:00pm.
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
- Please remember to send your child to school everyday with a coat. We like to go outside in all weathers.
- Children are only to bring water to school, not squash.
- Please allow your child to be as independent as possible when they get dressed or changed for bed.
The children have started learning about the ELLI Chameleon and have enjoyed learning chameleon facts. They have continued to learn phonics and write words and captions daily containing s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c and k. In Maths, the children have been learning about one more and have been using their fingers to identify one more to 10.
This week’s learning:
This week, we will continue to learn about the Chameleon. The ELLI Chameleon changes his plans if they aren’t going the right way. We will be using the story ‘The Mixed Up Chameleon’ as our key text.
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
We will be learning about why we need to be kind and use gentle hands.
Communication and Language
The children will act out the main events from the ‘Mixed up Chameleon’ story.
In Write Dance we will be delving deeper into the Volcano movements as we take our dance to paper.In PE we will be practicing agility and balance as we move in different ways around the hall.
This week we continue with Phase 2 phonics and we will be teaching the children the phonemes ck, e, u, r. The children will learn these phonemes (sounds) and practise writing them in isolation and in words. Please click here to see the actions, images and handwriting for the Phase 2 phonemes.
Writing: This week we will be continuing to ask the children to draw a picture of their family, encouraging them to add any labels or initial sounds.
This week, the children will be comparing numbers up to 3, focusing on ‘one less’.
Understanding the World
We will be talking about ourselves and sharing the All About Me Box (one child per day). We will be thinking about our wider community as some children from Claremont School join some of our patio play. We will be continuing to find out about real life chameleons.
Religion and Worldviews
We will continue our big question “Who are we?” by introducing the idea of an ‘All About Me Box’. Look out for when it’s your child’s turn to bring it home!
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will be continuing to design a pattern for a chameleon, using brusho paint to enhance the colour and design.