Please activate your Tapestry account. We will be sending out the Term 1 learning diaries soon.
- Our Reception performance will be on Wednesday 7th December in the morning. Parents/carers will be invited – time TBC but we wanted to give you as much notice as possible so that you can make arrangements to allow you to come and watch the performance of the year!
- On Thursday 20th October, we will be going on an autumn welly walk. Please provide your child with a pair of wellies on this date.
- Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school.
- We are collecting non perishable items to support the Salvation Army who will be attending our Harvest Festival on Wednesday 12th October. Please bring in any donations before this date.
- We would like you to support your child to hold their pencil correctly when they are using them at home. Children should be using a tripod grip. Click here to see a BBC Bitesize video about how to hold a pencil.
- Please do not allow your child to play with the resources that are on the Reception patio in the morning. These have been carefully positioned and are there to support your child’s learning during the school day.
- Please remember to send your child to school everyday with a coat. We go outside in all weathers.
On Tuesday, we had a teacher from Claremont school come to tell us about the children who will be joining us to play on the patio next week.
This week, the Maths shed was finally ready to use! The children have enjoyed using the resources to further their Maths skills on the patio. A huge thank you to FHIS who funded the shed!
The children had their first PE lesson this week! They got changed into their PE kits and went to the hall to take part in the lesson. Please support your child to get changed independently at home.
This week’s learning:
To find out more about our ELLI animals, please click here.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
This week, children will be thinking about their rights.
Communication and Language
The children will listen to the story ‘Sugarlump and the Unicorn’ and retell the main events.
In Write Dance we will be exploring Circles and Eights movements with our whole bodies. In PE we will be practicing agility and balance as we move in different ways around the hall.
This week we continue with Phase 2 phonics and we will be teaching the children the phonemes h,b, f, ff. The children will learn these phonemes (sounds) and practise writing them in isolation and in words.
This week we will be practicing writing our names, focusing on pencil grip, letter formation and only having capital letters at the beginning of our names.
This week, the children will be looking at different representations of numbers 1 – 3 and exploring patterns.
Understanding the World
We will be talking about ourselves as part of the wider school community. We will be continuing to learn about our friends with the All About Me box. We will be talking about Autumn.
Religion and Worldviews
The children will continue to share the All About Me box.
Expressive Arts and Design
This week children will be designing ELLI unicorns using their handprints then creating a magical mane to make them stand out.