Thank you to all of you who supported our Sports Day last week
This week the whole school will be taking part in ‘Spirited Arts Week’. Our Art, R+WV and a Writing session will be included to help incorporate this.
Tuesday – Class Photographs
Wednesday – 29th June – Time in new classes and with new teachers.
Friday – 1st July – Parent Learning Shares in classes (Classes 4 and 6, 9:10am and Class 5 at 2:50pm.)
*This week, Star of the Week Assembly will be at 10am to help facilitate the timing of the morning learning shares.
Visitors from Henleaze Library will be coming into an assembly this week to introduce this year’s Summer Reading Challenge.
- You will find below a grid showing the sessions to be taught each week. They mostly follow the exact days, although will differ slightly class to class as when we have our PE slots.
- Could you please make sure children have a change of shoes suitable for PE in their PE kits as most of our PE will be outside this term. Thank you.
We will always aim to get outside, whatever the weather, as much as possible so children will really need a waterproof coat each day.
Well Being Activities
Monday – Connect – Team challenge Can your team keep their balloon (or 2 balloons) in the air for a whole minute?
Tuesday – Take Notice- Uplifting ways
Wednesday – Be Active – summer time ‘This or That’
Thursday – Keep Learning – Drawing Challenge Y1 Lion
Friday – Give – Watch these children talk about being kind.
Phonics: Phase 5c
Information for Sounds and Words Books:
Children will write in these sounds and keywords – Differentiated where necessary. Please use the books for the children to practice in. Guidance is in the front of your child’s book.
Focus alternatives: /igh/ (pie) /igh/ (by) /igh/ (like) /oa/ (low)
Keywords for Reading and Spelling: Keyword Reading Assessments
Grammar: Revision of adjacent consonants
Writing: Vocabulary: letter, word, finger space, sentence, punctuation, lower case, capital, full stop, adjective, noun
Writing Composition- ‘Pig the Pug’ By Aaron Blabey (Sessions 1-2)
Session 1 Story Plan for your own story, using your own animals using ideas from last week and using our text as inspiration.
Session 2 Write your own version of the story planned from yesterday’s session.
Session 3 To write about their artwork, using adjectives and explaining how they feel about it, and why.
Session 4 Handwriting
Reading: Focus: Non- Fiction – The Amazing World around us
- Read as part of a group. Look at front cover details and explore making predictions, using phonetic knowledge to decode unknown words and to extend vocabulary. Read aloud and look at increasing fluency and use discussion as a group to discuss comprehension and answer written questions.
- In reading groups, continue to continue on phonic and CEW recognition gaps identified.
- Reading independent activities linked to whole class read and animal classification.
- Whole Class – Planned story sessions each day
Halving and quartering (Number and geometry)
Mental Oral/Warm Up
- 1/10 more/less within 100 (without 100 sq)
- Tens and ones
- Count on/ back from any given number within 100
- Count on in 10’s from a number and backwards
- Doubles to 10 and 20
- 2 times table (times table stacks to 20 and back down).
- Begin to recall halves and doubles of numbers
- Recognise, find and name a half as 1 of 2 equal parts of an object, shape or quantity
- To know that a quarter is half and half again and is made up of 4 equal parts
Key difficulty points:
-To understand that to be half or quarter the parts it has been split into must be equal
-To understand that half and quarter are just one part of the 2 or 4 equal parts not all of them
PE- Outdoor Athletic Skills
PE – Jasmine Ball and coordination skills
DT – Making wooden photo frames – sawing wood (1:2 )
Art- To respond to their feelings about the natural world using media of their choice.
To create a picture or a poster of something they find awe-inspiring/ beautiful/ wonderful in the natural world or for helping others to look after the world around them.
To reflect on their own feelings about the natural world
To consider different beliefs and world views about why we should care for our planet.
My Body – Naming body Parts. For Science also check in with Caterpillars in classrooms and what stage they have progressed to. Take photos and observations for class books.
Computing – Coding – To understand what coding means in computing
To understand what is meant by the vocabulary object, command, code, block, debug, design mode used in coding
To create simple (1 or 2 steps) blocks of code
To debug simple mistakes in a piece of code
Reading For the Stars
Silver Award (Second side):
Class 6 – Ted
Class 4 – Joss
Gold Award (Third side):
Class 6 – Theo W
Class 5 – Tom Alex
Class 4 – Kohsei Sam Aarav Mabel Max
All children who complete both sides of their 2 bookmarks (Fourth side) will receive their Headteachers Award later in the term at a special assembly. (This is the award after Gold)